Saturday, June 26, 2010

Unwilling to accept this as a helpless situation

the fog hasn't burned off here since Monday... I'm caught between enjoying the abundant birdsong and the fact that everything's lush and green from the moisture in the air and a severe lack of motivation and tendency toward falling into a funk. Today I'll choose to be sunny despite what the weather brings and take the opportunity to nurture my mind, body and soul by marveling at the mist, drinking plenty of water and connecting with others like me!

Now, don't get me wrong -- I'm definitely not known for being all goodness and light all the time, but when the goin' gets tough, my warrior nature comes forth to put everything right. "I'll have none of this doom and gloom," she says. "It's just a little grey and moist out there -- definitely NOT the end of the world." ...and deep down, I know she's right. I know the sun's up there, just beyond the fog, a consistent presence providing me with gravity to help keep me grounded and occasional doses of vitamin D to help me to assimilate important minerals, at least.

So, I'll count on that.

Meanwhile, it's officially the full moon in another hour or so here. I won't be able to see the moon until much later today due to its orientation with the Earth in relation to me. Perhaps the fog will have lifted by then to afford me a glimpse. It's the wedding day of some dear friends and the power of this particular full moon, the one that follows the summer solstice and is also a partial eclipse, is sure to bless this day with rich abundance in the form of collective creativity. An astrology report that I read this morning explains: "...such a configuration can lead to great creativity, by squeezing us to be more resourceful and inventive." I'm looking forward to being a part of the collaboration of what will make this day a beautiful celebration of love, community, Nature, and shared gifts, excited for my friends as they embark on this new depth of being together.

I'm still hopeful that the sun will shine as it is my friends' wedding day, after all, but if I have to accept that I'll be wearing long pants and a sweater rather than the pretty green dress I had picked out, so be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment