Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I wish I knew more about...

M82: Images From Space Telescopes Produce Stunning View of Starburst Galaxy, Chandra X-ray Observatory


I wish I knew more about space. Like how much to allow myself to process something or to get something done just the way I want it to turn out. There always seems to be this sense of urgency, like I should already know or be well on my way or that it should have been done by now. Just how much space do I need to come fully present into myself, or for my coaching practice to fully manifest, or for me to put my aversion to conflict into action in a way that powerfully serves. How much space do I allow others to be in their stuff? How much do I participate in affecting the quality of the space? I get the sense that if I allow enough space for myself, for others, for that thing to manifest, then there becomes enough room for growth, for playful creativity, for messiness. Does it help if I name the space or give it a place to be found?

At the moment, it seems that the more I understand about the space that I allow (how much and other qualities that define it), the more room there is for me to grow and to support others in their own growth at the same time. It turns out that I need ALOT of space with just-right measures of interrelations in order to feel like I'm thriving. It helps me to keep in step with what I know while opening me up to take in what I don't yet know. This wish for knowing more about space is a tasty one indeed. I get to keep knowing more and there will still be more to learn.

I'm just coming out of a place of needing a tremendous amount of space and it seems to be that I'm not alone. Yet space is so, well, nebulous. I'm curious what allowing space means to you. What's at least one way that you allow yourself or someone else space? What are the qualities of that space?

No comments:

Post a Comment