Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm Here to Make a Really Big Difference!

You know that feeling that you have when you get to experience a profoundly deep shift in consciousness after a retreat, training or getting out there and affecting change? That feeling when you're bigger than yourself, like you've combined energies with the others who have experienced this event with you and that you're now forever connected? That sense of feeling like everything's brighter and nothing can stop you? That deep knowing that you're here to make a really big difference and you know just what it is that you are here to do? I know you know what I'm talking about!

I'm inspired to do this by the fine example of FOUR YEARS. GO., by my work and training as a coach and long-time involvement and interest in serving the greater good. ...and by the heart-bursting reality that the compounded effects of each of our efforts is beyond amazing!

So, come on! Let's declare right here and now that we're here to make a really big difference! In the spirit of building community and getting to know a bit more about what each of us are doing to make this world a better place, share a bit of your ultimate wish for the world and what you're doing today to make that wish come true by commenting below.

7 comments:

  1. I'll start us off...

    I'm here to make a really big difference!

    My wish for the world is that all life gets to have a thriving existence. What I'm doing today to help this along is building and deepening connections with others who are here to make a really big difference.

    Your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just returned from the CTI Summit, which was all about affecting transformational change and authentic connection, your words ring so true for me. And I was honored to hear Lynne Twist speak about her wonderful project Four Years. Go.

    My wish for the world is that we learn to really listen to each other as members of the human family and to summon the individual and collective will and commitment needed to face and solve the world's problems, before it is too late. We already have the answers-we just need to start asking the right questions and then to act!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been paying close attention to the CTI Summit as it was being planned and as it happened, I was so excited to hear about Lynne's closing message that you mention here, Julia! Thanks for sharing in the dream!

    ...and what a beautiful wish -- may we all learn to listen well and act upon the answers that we hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often question if what I'm doing really can "make a difference". But I remember simple experiences I've had in my life, where someone made a difference for ME. There are certain people I remember and even brief little moments that changed the course of my life. Even if I'm making a difference for just ONE person, that's a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the difference you're making from here, lgpseattle! I can personally attest that it's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hope is to inspire people, especially moms, to suspend judgment of other moms and kids, and recognize we are thrown together without shared standards and rules of engagement - no wise elders with shared cultural norms to listen to and teach to us. So let's be gentle with each other! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You inspire me, Kristin, and I'm so blessed to have you as a part of my tribe! Lovely focus of hope!

    ReplyDelete